EPM OverviewPortals (Microsoft Enterprise Project Management 2010)
"Corporate programs that are not managed by an EPM function are often poorly executed. But, with a program management function in place, the success rate is much higher"
"While there are numerous vendors offering enterprise project management software, going with Microsoft is easier because of its familiar look and feel"
"One of the biggest benefits of selection Microsoft Project 2010 as a solution will be the visibility and insight the customer will gain on all their projects,"
"All in all, Microsoft Project Server 2010 is the best EPM software"
Implementation – a critical and complex projectIn an increasingly competitive business environment, success depends upon your ability to manage every project well, keeping them on time, within scope and budget, and aligned with business goals. However, the ever-changing environment is making it trickier for those seeking to establish higher control and visibility over their projects initialization, selection and execution as well as resources utilization.
So, crucially, what can help bridge the gap between issues, corporate goals, and the technology required to deliver the desired results?
Simple yet multi-faceted: the perfect combinationWe've got the answer for you: Microsoft Enterprise Project Management (EPM) 2010. It is ideal for project portfolio selection, budget and resource allocation, strong coordination and standardization between projects and project managers, centralized resource management, and higher-level reporting about projects and resources. Implementing EPM 2010 Solution ensures strategic management of business and IT priorities, investments, and projects across the enterprise. With its implementation, our objective will be to take full advantage of the synergies across your enterprise architecture, portfolio management, and project management office disciplines to get maximum strategic value and return on project investments.
Microsoft Enterprise Project Management to the rescue!Twenty years ago, project management was about managing a single project. Today, organizations are looking at their entire portfolio of projects including how they depend on one another. This is Microsoft EPM's bread and butter, as well as helping you :
- Intuitively capture all requests within a central repository, and manage them using governance workflow.
- Objectively prioritize, optimize, and select project portfolios that best align with the organization's business strategy.
- Proactively and reactively manage resources throughout the project life cycle.
- Easily create and communicate both simple and complex project schedules.
- Control and measure project and portfolio financial performance.
- Simplify the collection of time and task status updates from team members.
- Better connect disparate teams to share information and drive collaboration.
- Identify, mitigate, and communicate issues and risks that could adversely affect project success.
- Effectively measure project performance and gain visibility and control across all portfolios through reports and visual dashboards.
- Initiate, plan, and deliver strategic programs.
More, and more, and moreMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management Solution 2010, this flexible, end-to-end Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) platform is used by organizations across a broad variety of industries to automate primary PPM processes. When looking at all the added benefits, it's really not hard to see why:
- Unified project and portfolio management
- Helps organizations define the right governance processes to effectively control all types of work—project and operational—throughout the work life cycle
- A one-stop-shop demand management portal to help organizations streamline and standardize the initiation process for all types of work
- Select the right portfolios that align with strategy
- Occasional and certified project managers with the flexibility to quickly build simple and complex schedules online Intuitively submit time and task updates
- Organizations with the flexibility they need to centralize time capture, streamline processes, automate task management, and increase the accuracy of project forecasting
- A powerful reporting infrastructure coupled with flexible Business Intelligence tools to help ensure that organizations proactively gain visibility across their project portfolios, that they can react quickly, and can generate custom reports
- Simplified administration and flexibility
- A powerful and familiar work management platform by connected with related Microsoft technologies
- An open, extensible, and programmable platform to help ensure that organizations can easily develop custom solutions and effectively integrate with line-of business systems
Basically, Microsoft EPM wants to make your life easier…Now more than ever, executives are being challenged to "do more with less", therefore they are being judicious about where they spend their money and how they allocate resources. Microsoft's EPM solution, with its numerous benefits, helps organizations select and deliver the right projects, reduce costs, as well as drive efficiencies - ultimately planting the seeds and enabling the business to grow.
EPM ServicesAt Wosool, we provide a range of Microsoft Project and Project Server consulting services and resources to help you plan, organize, and control your projects using Microsoft EPM solutions. We pride ourselves on our approachable, personal style in order to custom suit your company’s needs.
From the very first meeting, you will appreciate the honesty, genuine care, and value that we extend to you. Our approach is focused not only on providing your organization with the right programs and tools but also providing you with the proper knowledge and support to use them to better your projects.
EPM SOLUTION WORKSHOPA Solution Workshop will give you insight on if the software meets your requirements or if there's a better solution. A Solution Workshop provides your organization with the tools, expertise and assistance needed to build your EPM Business Strategy and Deployment Plan. While the Microsoft technology basis of EPM Solution platforms provides a rich set of project management features, you must carefully plan for your solution deployment before you install the software in your system. A Solution Workshop will give you in-depth insight of best practices, performances and architectural overview. Communication is key in maximizing the benefits of your EPM Solution.
EPM MigrationConsidering upgrading to a newer version of Project Server? We can help you asses the relevant capabilities of each.
If your organization is considering migrating from Project Server 2003 to 2007 or 2010, or considering upgrading from Project Server 2007 to 2010, we can help your team assess the relevant capabilities of each. We can provide a roadmap which outlines the business value, scope, estimate work, and costs for a migration or upgrade. This is generally a fixed-price engagement for which completion time will vary depending on the solution size.
Assessments & AuditsOur consultants will evaluate and work with you to more effectively manage key aspects of your project.
EPM COMPANY TRAININGOur Microsoft certified trainers make sure that you have the proper knowledge of your product for successful usage.
EPM IMPLEMENTATIONOur thorough understanding of enterprise project management solutions helps ensure your launch will be a success. The implementation of enterprise technologies is an iterative process that varies based on the requirements and constraints of each organization. The introduction of project management and collaboration solutions into your company requires extensive technical expertise. At Wosool, we recognize the importance of a solid approach and proper alignment of the technology solution with the business requirements. This allows us to ensure that our solution will deliver the expected financial results.
EPM DASHBOARD REQUIREMENTSCapitalize on your investment by collecting the details of key trends and relationships that drive your business.
The value of understanding project posture quickly and efficiently is immeasurable. Capitalize on your investment by collecting the details of key trends and relationships that drive your business with fully-customized dashboard reporting. Members of management will gain at-a-glance insight into project details such as cost and time analysis, requirements and risks. Data is collected enterprise-wide into clear and concise graphics that quickly highlight where there are concerns. Wosool uses an array of solutions for dashboards and reports including SharePoint, SQL Reporting Services and Excel Services.
EPM CUSTOM DEVELOPMENTWe will help you define your requirements and translate them into a seamless solution to meet all of your needs. Let us help you get the most value from your EPM Solution. We will help you define your requirements and translate them into a seamless solution to meet all of your needs. We are experts in the development of specialized templates. We'll help you create calendars, tables, custom views and custom fields according to your requirements. Integration into ERP and other business systems, or customized time tracking, expense reporting or workflows. Wosool has the experience and is partnered with some of the leading add-on solutions in the industry.
Enterprise Project Management (EPM) provides great value to organizations that have adopted this solution and its related processes. Unfortunately, there is a great deal of complexity associated with an enterprise implementation. One common mistake often missed in the planning is the lack of continued support after a successful deployment. This is as much a critical phase as the process required to deploy an EPM Solution. If the EPM environment is not maintained professionally by experienced administrators, the risk of the system getting corrupted, failing to continue to bring value or usefulness is increased exponentially. Wosool offers ongoing telephone, remote and on-site support to assist clients with issues and problems that arise during the ordinary course of managing an EPM deployment and beyond the deployment phase in the form of Project Server administration and help desk support. Not only do we support clients... we also often support other consulting companies in the EPM space.